Yields 9 large or 16 small brownies
Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 1 hour Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- 1 cup (170 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sticks (170 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces (113 grams) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (245 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (150 grams) Nutella
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (96 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened (25 grams) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, butter, and unsweetened chocolate. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute then stir. Continue heating in 30-second bursts, stirring between each burst, until the mixture is melted and smooth but not scorched. Remove from the microwave and let cool slightly. Stir in the Nutella.
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed until light and thick, about 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla extract. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula. Add the flour, cocoa, and salt, folding gently until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake until a tester comes out with moist crumbs still attached, 35 to 40. Do not overbake, you want to err on the side of underbaking. Let cool to room temperature. Serve at room temperature, warmed, or chilled.
Read more on: Nutella Brownies @ handletheheat.com