Instant Pot lentil and bean chili
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp hot chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili paste (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper finely diced
- 1 cup (160g) black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup (160g) green lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup (180g) red split lentils, rinsed
- 2x 15oz (400g) canned chopped tomatoes in juice
- 4 cups (950ml) hot vegetable stock from 1 cube
- Handful Fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish
Add the oil into your pressure cooker and select the ‘Sauté’ function.
Add the chopped onion and sauté for about 3 minutes, then add the garlic, spices and seasoning. Stir to combine.
Add the peppers, and paste if using, and stir for 2 minutes.
Stir in the beans, lentils, tomatoes and stock.
Set your vent to ‘sealing’ and cook for 25 minutes on high pressure. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes then manually release.
Taste the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Serve over rice, as jacket potato filling, in taco salad, nachos or turn into a burrito.
I used a 6L/Q Instant Pot Duo for this recipe.
I used unsalted canned tomatoes, if you use salted reduce the added salt in the recipe.
Although the active pressure cooking time is 25 minutes (plus 5 minutes sautéing) the recipe requires 20 minutes natural release so factor that in when making the recipe.
More Instructions (Source Artickle) : Here